Discussion in 'The Cesspit: Rugby League Discussion' started by Old Mate, Jul 14, 2021.
While the Blues will continue to have a better side on paper, we'll be more competitive next year if we have better luck injury-wise.
4. Hammer - Did pretty well, I would consider playing him again. Though I think Mann would have been a safer option. I really hope someone really breaks out next year to be an irresistible selection.
5. Coates - Will be a much better player under Bellamy.
7. DCE - At this stage, maybe Walker if his body has matured a bit and he is killing it at the Chooks.
9. Grant - Hopefully he can sort out his body. He's been a Tampon for a while now.
11. Kaufuisi - Was pretty poor in game 1 and 2 this year. Vastly improved in game 3, though him shooting up unnecessarily to put a late-hit on last night is what opened up the hole for Latrell to score the 1st try.
12. Capewell - Shouldn't play centre at this level again. Was great in the back row though.
13. Tino... - I'd pick Arrow, but I bet he'll be blacklisted for a while. Tino did play very well in game 3 I must admit.
14. Hunt - AJ would be close to getting this spot, but with Capewell being able to cover an outside back injury, and how good Hunt can be at 9 and can also play in the halves I'd have to go with Hunt.
15. Fifita - Really needs to do something at Origin level. Was very disappointing seeing him make 3m runs and get monstered by Turbo. This isn't clubland where you can isolate a halfback on the tryline and run over him.
17. Molo - Was pretty solid off the bench for us. If Arrow got a spot though I'd say he'd be out of our full strength side however.
AJ - Fingers crossed that he wont be needed, but he always puts in a big effort.
Walker - Will still only be 19 when Game 1 2022 kicks off. I'd like to see him get picked, but might be a season or 2 before we see him get the knod.
Walsh - Unlucky to break down at training for game 2. But I would only pick him if both Ponga and AJ were unavailable.
Arrow - I doubt we'll see him lining up for us for a year or so at least. A real shame.
Feldt - Was disappointing. He usually lifts for big games, but he was very ill-disciplined.
Mann - I thought he should have got picked this year.
Opacic - Needs consistency with form and injury.
Sua - Still not sure what to make of him. Seems soft in physical contests and he's on the outer at Souffs right now.
Flegler - Really had to scrape the bottom of the barrel there.
Jeez, this really shows the chasm between the 2 states as far as the number of quality potential players...
I think a full strength maroons team is quite strong but we lack south in a few areas. But I'd say the same is true of the blues.
Brimson isn't a 14. Starting FB, or fuck off.
Goates to reclaim his rightful spot on the left wing in 2022.
Lindsay Collins comes back from injury next year.
F U C K
You're just mad QLD score prettier tries.
If only we could select the Souths team.
You could, but Moses is better.
So is Flegler.
Current origin prop. Unlike Klemmer.
Can cut the sexual tension in here with a knife.
A knife is needed for most of my sexual encounters.
Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Parramatta Eels)
Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Stephen Crichton (Penrith Panthers)
Tyson Frizell (Newcastle Knights)
Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)
Nicho Hynes (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
Apisai Koroisau (Penrith Panthers)
Jarome Luai (Penrith Panthers)
Junior Paulo (Parramatta Eels)
Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers)
Ryan Matterson (Parramatta Eels)
Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Jacob Saifiti (Newcastle Knights)
Tariq Sims (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Kotoni Staggs (Brisbane Broncos)
Joseph Suaalii (Sydney Roosters)
James Tedesco (c) (Sydney Roosters)
Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers)
Daniel Tupou (Sydney Roosters)
Jack Wighton (Canberra Raiders)
Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)
Not a bad squad all things considered. Addo-car hard done by I'd say, but I don't think the change will cost us the game. Don't see a lot of the Broncos so not too sure about the Staggs selection, centre depth is pretty shoddy though so again a good enough pick.
Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
Pretty unimpressed with this squad. Cobbo, Nanai and Cotter shouldn't be there. Arrow not in the side is stupid. And Goates being snubbed is a travesty.
Arrow is there.
Ah, you mean in the 17. Surely he'll be there come kickoff though.
Separate names with a comma.